Lazy Oaks appeals to a wide range of visitors. Rainbow Lake offers great fishing and boating and our amenities are directed toward young and old alike. This beautiful area in the White Mountains provides a wide variety of activities to suit just about everyone. For those who just want to relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings, Lazy Oaks also provides this. We are a resort for the whole family: whether your “family” consists of a small number of people or a whole group. We welcome your pets to join us – although we hope everyone will abide by some simple rules we have put in place in an effort to show mutual respect for each other and the property.
Lazy Oaks is located on Rainbow Lake in the city of Pinetop/Lakeside in the White Mountains. We are approximately 3 to 3 ½ hours northeast of Phoenix and 4 hours from Tucson. Lazy Oaks consists of 15 one and two-bedroom cabins on approximately 3.5 acres on the shores of Rainbow Lake. The lake is stocked with rainbow trout by Arizona Game and Fish. There are blue gill, catfish, northern pike and large mouth bass, too.
Our cabins include:
- Kitchens: Refrigerator, ovens/stoves, microwaves, coffee makers (with filters), toasters, pots/pans and cooking/eating utensils, dishes and glasses. We supply garbage bags, paper towels, and dish soap. We provide salt and pepper, too.
- Living rooms: Cable TV, fireplaces (all cabins have wood-burning fireplaces). Please note that we do not provide free firewood. We have a vendor who sells bags of firewood in the office or you are welcome to bring your own (excluding pine).
- Bathrooms: Full baths have tubs with showers, ¾ baths have shower stalls. We provide towels, personal soaps and toilet tissue.
- Bedrooms: pillows, blankets and sheets are all included.
- Porches/decks: The cabins have charcoal grills and there are three fire pits on property.
- We do not supply: spices, aluminum foil, napkins, paper plates, etc. for the kitchens. You need to bring shampoo, hair dryers and other personal care products if needed.
Check-in is at 2:00 p.m. If you will be arriving after the office closes, please contact us for directions about picking up your keys.
Check-out is at 10:00 a.m. We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to these times.
- There is a $15 (plus tax) per-stay fee for each pet.
- Pets must be on leases outside the cabins at all times.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your pets. Please bring disposal bags with you.
- If your pets are allowed on your furniture, please bring sheets/blankets with you or ask for sheets when you check in.
- Pets must be crated if you leave them alone in the cabins. You are responsible for any damage caused to our property by your pets.
- If your pets shed excessively, please borrow a vacuum from us prior to your departure to clean up our cabin.
- Get your Arizona State fishing license here.
- AZ Game & Fish regulations apply.
- Please do not clean fish in or around cabins – this attracts flies and animals.
- Please use the fish cleaning station by the maintenance shed near the dock. We provide rags for your fishing needs and ask that you don’t use our bathroom towels.
- Have fun and good luck!
- Boats are available April 1 to October 31 weather permitting.
- Row boat rentals are $10 per hour or $50.00 for the day.
- Please remember that drinking and boating do not mix.
- Someone 18 or older has to be in the boat at all times.
- Boats are not allowed out after dark or before sunrise.
- Maximum people in a boat is 4.
- Every person in the boat must have personal floatation device. Anyone 12 years or younger must wear a life vest. This will be strictly enforced.
- Please stay seated at all times.
- If the anchor is stuck, move the rope around. It will become free. Do not cut the anchor rope.
- Please keep the boat off the rocks at all times.
- Please be considerate of other guests and clean the boat out before you return the key and oars.
- Please report any problems with the boat to the office when you return the keys and oars.
- Be safe and have fun!
- In addition to fishing in the lake, we have row boats for rent from approximately April 1 through October 31 (depending on weather conditions).
- We have a horseshoe pit.
- We have 3 fire pits (subject to outdoor burning restrictions)
- We take a 2-night deposit (room rate only) for all reservations at the time of booking. This amount is applied to the last 2 nights of your stay. If you book just 2 nights, the full amount, including taxes will be required.
- There is a 30-day cancellation policy for all non-holiday reservations and a 60-day cancellation policy for holiday reservations for all cabins. (Holidays include, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.) There is a $25 fee for all cancellations. If you cancel more than 30/60 days prior to your arrival date, we will refund your deposit minus the $25 fee. If you need to cancel less than 30/60 days prior to your arrival date, we will need to re-rent the cabin for your FULL stay in order to refund your deposit less the $25 fee. If more than one booking is necessary to cover your cancelled reservation, there will be a cleaning fee of $50 deducted from your deposit, too. You will forfeit your two-night deposit if we are unable to re-rent any of the nights. There are no exceptions to this policy. NOTE: If you are booking within 30 days your deposit is non-refundable unless we re-rent for the entire dates of your stay.